Re: Fuzzy substring searching with the pg_trgm extension

От Mike Rylander
Тема Re: Fuzzy substring searching with the pg_trgm extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> wrote:
>> I have attached a new version of the patch. It fixes error of operators
>> <->> and
>> %>:
>> - operator <->> did not pass the regression test in CentOS 32 bit (gcc
>> 4.4.7
>> 20120313).
>> - operator %> did not pass the regression test in FreeBSD 32 bit (gcc
>> 4.2.1
>> 20070831).
>>
>> It was because of variable optimization by gcc.
>

> Fixed with volatile modifier, right?
>
> I'm close to push this patches, but I still doubt in names, and I'd like to
> see comment from English speackers:
> 1 sml_limit GUC variable (options: similarity_limit, sml_threshold)
> 2 subword_similarity(). Actually, it finds most similar word (not
> substring!) from whole string. word_similarity? word_in_string_similarity?

At least for this English speaker, substring_similarity is not
confusing even if it's not internally accurate, but English is a
strange language.

Because I want the bike shed to be blue, how does
query_string_similarity sound instead?  If that's overly precise, then
word_similarity would be fine with me.

Thanks,

--
Mike Rylander