Re: BUG #16739: Temporary files not deleting from data folder on disk

От Manoj Kumar
Тема Re: BUG #16739: Temporary files not deleting from data folder on disk
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks, Tom for your reply.

I am struggling to find out the name of the table corresponding to these temporary files (files starting with t on, saved on disk).
If somehow I can discover these, it will be helpful to close down the problem.

Thanks and Regards
Inline image 1
Manoj Kumar
Associate Tech Lead |  AMEYO
+91 9999437526
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Linkedin

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 12:29 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Maxim Boguk <maxim.boguk@gmail.com> writes:
> It seems that these temp files are the result of normal query execution
> (and will be cleared when query finishes).
> Have you tried enabling log_temp_files and check what query generates these
> temp files?

Judging by the file names, these are temp tables (created by CREATE TEMP
TABLE or the like), not temp files generated during query execution.
The latter would have names beginning in "pgsql_tmp", if I read the
code correctly.

                        regards, tom lane

Disclaimer: The information in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Drishti is neither liable for the improper, incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt. The communication is not intended to operate as an electronic signature under any applicable law. Drishti assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the use of e-mails.

Вложения