Re: BUG #16516: when testing jit get terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_function_call'

От Reiner Peterke
Тема Re: BUG #16516: when testing jit get terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_function_call'
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your response.
We have built postgres now with llvm 7 and it appears to be working.

reiner

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:36 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:19 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      16516
> Logged by:          reiner peterke
> Email address:      reiner.peterke@splendiddata.com
> PostgreSQL version: 12.3
> Operating system:   Centos 7.8.2003, redhat 7.8, sles 12 sp5
>
> Testing jit functionality power8 architecture

> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_function_call'

Hi, I think this was a problem with LLVM on POWER with LLVM versions
before 7.  There have been a couple of discussions of it in the mail
archives, and the problem was on the LLVM side, fixed in later
releases.  I suspect you either need to somehow get a build with newer
LLVM, or you need to disable jit.