Re: Parallel Index Scan Implementation

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: Parallel Index Scan Implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 4:11 AM Brajendra Pratap Singh <singh.bpratap766@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Postgresql Experts,

We have a basic requirement where we need to implement the parallel index scan instead of parallel seq scan at table level. Please suggest the best way to do this.

Postgresql DB Version : 12.6

That's far behind the latest patch level.

Table size : 2-5 GB

OS : Centos-7

RAM : 96 GB
CPU : 32

shared_buffer=20GB

Plural: shared_buffers

Effective_cache_size=60GB

Max_worker_process = 32
Max_parallel_worker=32
Max_parallel_worker_per_gather=8

Please let me know if any further details required .

Is there proper index support on the relevant columns?  Have you analyzed the tables?  Are the values you're filtering on  uncommon enough for PG to think that indexes are relevant?

Сообщение: Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO
Сообщение: Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO