Re: Seeking Clarification on Function Definitions in PostgreSQL Extensions

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: Seeking Clarification on Function Definitions in PostgreSQL Extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
fun1 returns a table set just like any other SELECT statement.
fun2 puzzles me.  Why would you return parameters AND a single record (unless it's an error status).
fun3 just returns two parameters.  Why isn't it a procedure?

fun2, returning parameters AND a function value, would have made my Comp Sci professors very, very angry.  Definitely Bad Practice.

You choose which to use based on how much data you want to return.