Re: 1.18.0 tarball uploaded

От Akshay Joshi
Тема Re: 1.18.0 tarball uploaded
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Richard PALO <richard.palo@free.fr> wrote:
> Le 30/08/13 13:45, Dave Page a écrit :
>
>> I've uploaded the 1.18.0 GA tarball to
>> ftp://ftp.pgadmin.org/release/v1.18.0/src/. Please take a look and
>> yelp if there are any showstopper issues!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> Hi, seems to build fine (and now without autoconf!) with pkgsrc.
>
> I happened to notice that we provide by default, because of wxGTK*,
> --with-libintl-prefix= and --with-libiconv-prefix= which are consequently
> ignored by configure... for info.

What do you mean by "provide"? pgAdmin doesn't use libiconv or libintl
directly, so configure makes no attempt to find them.

> Also, I would like confirmation concerning the two crypto options
> libgcrypt and openssl, that contrary to the comments in configure, libgcrypt
> is really intended to have precedence over openssl...

Hmm, yeah - it sure looks like libgcrypt would take precedence if both
are available to me, though I'm not entirely confident I'm reading
configure.ac.in correctly. Akshay, should the two "Look for xxx" tests
be swapped? I'm also thinking that we shouldn't be testing for "!= no"

   We have set the variable "use_openssl"=auto so we have to test for "!= no". If we will not test for "!= no" then at the time of comparison we will have to check for "= yes" as well as "= auto".

either, but do an initial test to ensure both options aren't set to
"yes" (and thus conflicting), and if both aren't set to no, then force
OpenSSL to yes (so we have a default, but no/no can disable crypto).
Then, only test to see if one or the other option is set to yes.

   OK. Will work on this.

Thoughts?

--
Dave Page