Re: BUG IN PGAdmin 4 using AVG function

От Akshay Joshi
Тема Re: BUG IN PGAdmin 4 using AVG function
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi James

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:29 AM Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
[Adding pgAdmin-support mailing list, and removing pgsql-bugs mailing list...]

Let me forward it to pgAdmin-support group.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: WrongFeiHung <ragain1327@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 3:50 AM
Subject: BUG IN PGAdmin 4 using AVG function
To: <pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org>

Good afternoon

I have been working with PGAdmin 4 with no issues, as it is a great user interface.

The issue I am having has to do with the AVG function when using PGAdmin 4.

The query I am using is:

SELECT AVG(salary) FROM employees;

Using PGAdmin 4, the result returned is 4000000000, or 4 BILLION!

Using SQL Shell (psql), the result returned is 91571.594000000000, which is correct.

If I unnecessarily change the query to read:

SELECT ROUND(AVG(salary)) FROM employees;

This causes the correct result, which was the same result calculated by psql.

I am including the mock_data.sql file of the tables and data used, which is identical to the original used in Udemy course Master SQL for Data Science.

Apologies if the format is out of the ordinary, this is my first bug report, however I think it is something that definitely needs brought to your attention.

   pgAdmin4 show the correct result of the query "SELECT AVG(salary) FROM employees;". The problem is output cell displaying the value is numeric and numeric values are right align so it is showing "4000000000" from right. You will have to resize the cell to see the complete result.  Please log an issue https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues/new

               Actual_Result.png

Thank you,
James Ragain
SQL Data Analyst