Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM 1789 Column width of dataoutput panel should fit to data (as pgAdmin III)

От Akshay Joshi
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM 1789 Column width of dataoutput panel should fit to data (as pgAdmin III)
Дата
Ответы Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM 1789 Column width of dataoutput panel should fit to data (as pgAdmin III)  (Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 8:43 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi All

Please find the attached patch to fix the RM #1789 Column width of data output panel should fit to data (as pgAdmin III).

This doesn't seem to work as expected:

1) The columns are resized, but equally. For example, given a query of "SELECT * FROM pg_description", I would expect the first 3 columns to be roughly the size they are without the patch, and the 4th column to be much wider (in the ticket I suggested the width of the content, up to a maximum of 33% of the width of the container).

    We will have to set the width of columns depending on the *data type* for example all the numeric/integers we can set the column width = 80(may change), for boolean we can set it up to 50, for strings/timestamps/bytea/jsonb/.. we can set the width equal to 33% of the width of the container. I am not sure how we can find the width of the content. Please suggest is this approach looks good to you?

2) After executing a second query (which works as expected), further queries fail to update the resultset. I was selecting from pg_class, pg_attribute and pg_description, and repeatedly found (no matter what order I queried each table), only the first two queries returned the expected results. The third and subsequent always re-displayed the results of the second query. Reverting the patch caused this issue to go away.

    There was an error in background due to "forceFitColumns = true" option of the SlickGrid. I have remove that logic.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company