SSH Tunneling implementation

От Akshay Joshi
Тема SSH Tunneling implementation
Дата
Re: SSH Tunneling implementation  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi All

I have implemented SSH tunneling using libssh2 library and added the logic into pgAdmin3. With current implementation SSH tunnel will be created using password as authentication mode. I'll work on the certificate based authentication. I have attached two patch files 1) SSHTunnel.patch 2) vcxproj.patch (Only for Windows).

Below are the steps to build pgadmin
On Windows:-
  • Compile libssh2 library on Windows
    • "libssh2.dsw" file is available in win32 folder.
    • Specify path of the OpenSSL's include folder in "Properties->C++->General->Additional Include Directories"
    • Specify path of the OpenSSL and Zlib's lib folder in "Properties->Linker->General->Additional Library Directories"
  • Create new environment variable LIBSSH2 and set the path of the libssh2 folder.
  • Compile pgAdmin3.
On Linux:-
  • To compile libssh2 run ./configure, make and make install.
  • Compile pgAdmin3.
Please review the patch and let me know the review comments.

--
Akshay Joshi
Senior Software Engineer

Вложения