[pgAdmin4][Patch]: Feature #4202 Implement new framework to testReverse Engineering SQL

От Akshay Joshi
Тема [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Feature #4202 Implement new framework to testReverse Engineering SQL
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Hackers

I have implemented the new test framework to test the Reverse Engineering SQL. I have integrated it as a part of API/Regression test suite. It will work when we run all the test cases or module wise test case.

How it works: Attached patch contains the generic framework to read all the JSON files from the tests->version based (example 9.6_plus, 10_plus or default) folder. Run all the test scenarios present in the JSON file in sequential order.

Format of the JSON file is mentioned in "<path_of_source>web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/casts/tests/default/test.json"

For expected SQL we will have following two options:
  • Provide the expected sql in scenario itself as parameter "expected_sql" : "<SQL>".
  • Create a output file with any name in the same directory where the JSON file resides and specify the parameter "expected_sql_file": "<name of the file>"
Attached patch contains both the above mentioned examples.

Please review it.

--
Thanks & Regards
Akshay Joshi