Re: Forcing "quotes" around Value field in database Parameters sheet

От Akshay Joshi
Тема Re: Forcing "quotes" around Value field in database Parameters sheet
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Milan

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 4:44 PM Milan Oparnica <milan.opa@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi good people  :)

I may have found a bug in the Database properties sheet preventing setting Parameters on the database level.

I tried to set the search_path parameter on the database level.

  1. Right click on the database
  2. Select Properties... from the menu
  3. Click on tab Parameters
  4. Click + and enter search_path to Name field
  5. Enter scha, schb, public, pg_catalog in the Value field (note, without quotes)
  6. Click Save

Run new query window and type show search_path. The result is "scha, schb, public, pg_catalog" - together with the quotes aroud the string.
Such path, of course, is not valid.

Testing this in the same query window:

SET search_path TO scha, schb, public, pg_catalog;

SHOW search_path

results with

scha, schb, public, pg_catalog (without quotes, and it works as expected).

My conclusion is that pgAdmin4 for some reason adds and stores quotes around the search_path value, and later uses the value as if it is a single full path name.

The database server this occures on is Pg 11.

Best regards,

M.O.

--
Thanks & Regards