Re: [patch][pgAdmin] RM3893 pgadmin4 Reassign/Drop Owned

От Akshay Joshi
Тема Re: [patch][pgAdmin] RM3893 pgadmin4 Reassign/Drop Owned
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Thanks, the patch applied.

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 2:00 PM Rahul Shirsat <rahul.shirsat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Akshay,

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 2:32 PM Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Rahul

Following are the review comments:
  • The context menu should be renamed to 'Reassign/Drop Owned...' instead of 'Reassign/Drop role'.
 Done
  • Remove " role" from the dialog header. It should be "Reassign/Drop Owned - <role name>"
 Done
  • We have only two operations "Reassign and Drop", so instead of using Radio modern can we use switch control? Though radio modern also looks good.
@Dave what do you think?
 Keeping the radio modern as discussed.
  • By default, Reassign operation should be selected.
 Done
  • After successfully reassign/drop we should show aleritfy notifier "Reassign owned successfully" or "Drop owned successfully".
 Done
  • "Roles dropped successfully!" string should be modified to "Drop owned successfully!".
 Done
  • Add validation if the database or reassign object is not selected, show them on GUI.
 Done
  • Connection to the database should be released(disconnected) after the execution of the query.
 This has been taken care of.
  • From Postgres 9.5 onwards we have "CURRENT_USER | SESSION_USER" please check that as well. From Postgres 14 CURRENT_ROLE is also there.
 All of the above 3 options added. CURRENT_ROLE will be visible on UI when connected to postgres >= v14. Also added test cases for the same.
  • DROP OWNED query have [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] which was not there even in pgadmin III, add support this would be good. Create two switch control for cascade and restrict and depending on that create the SQL query.
 These options too are added now as a switch case.
  • Documentation and screenshot update required after the above changes. The "Reassign/Drop Own" string should be replaced with "Reassign/Drop Owned" in the documentation.
 Updated the documentations as well.

 Sorry for previously adding this option - I have removed the SQL tab as REASSIGN/DROP OWNED are single line and not necessarily required to be viewed by the user (referring to Delete Object or Drop Cascade options of other pg_catalog objects).