Re: SSH tunnel key exchange methods

От Akshay Joshi
Тема Re: SSH tunnel key exchange methods
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Dave

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Sven <svoop_6cedifwf9e@delirium.ch> wrote:
>> The key exchange methods offered when opening an SSH tunnel are all
>> SHA1 and therefore too weak:
>>
>> [sshd] fatal: Unable to negotiate with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: no matching
>> key exchange method found. Their offer:
>> diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,
>> diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 [preauth]
>
> Any news on this? If there's no easy way to add safer kexes, I suggest
> you disable the SSH feature altogether. SHA1 is dead and IMO nobody
> should trust a connection established with SHA1 kexes in order to talk
> to databases.

Akshay, you know that code best of all. How do we enable safer kexes?

   Today I'll look into it on priority and update accordingly.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Akshay Joshi
Principal Software Engineer

Phone: +91 20-3058-9517
Mobile: +91 976-788-8246

От: Per Wigren
Сообщение: Re: Greenplum warning message