Re: [patch][pgAdmin] RM3893 pgadmin4 Reassign/Drop Owned

От Akshay Joshi
Тема Re: [patch][pgAdmin] RM3893 pgadmin4 Reassign/Drop Owned
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Rahul

Following are the review comments:
  • The context menu should be renamed to 'Reassign/Drop Owned...' instead of 'Reassign/Drop role'.
  • Remove " role" from the dialog header. It should be "Reassign/Drop Owned - <role name>"
  • We have only two operations "Reassign and Drop", so instead of using Radio modern can we use switch control? Though radio modern also looks good.
@Dave what do you think?
  • By default, Reassign operation should be selected.
  • After successfully reassign/drop we should show aleritfy notifier "Reassign owned successfully" or "Drop owned successfully".
  • "Roles dropped successfully!" string should be modified to "Drop owned successfully!".
  • Add validation if the database or reassign object is not selected, show them on GUI.
  • Connection to the database should be released(disconnected) after the execution of the query.
  • From Postgres 9.5 onwards we have "CURRENT_USER | SESSION_USER" please check that as well. From Postgres 14 CURRENT_ROLE is also there.
  • DROP OWNED query have [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] which was not there even in pgadmin III, add support this would be good. Create two switch control for cascade and restrict and depending on that create the SQL query.
  • Documentation and screenshot update required after the above changes. The "Reassign/Drop Own" string should be replaced with "Reassign/Drop Owned" in the documentation.