F_TABLE_NUMBER_RANGE equivalent in Postgresql

От Yuan HOng
Тема F_TABLE_NUMBER_RANGE equivalent in Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

With MS-SQL sever, there is a built-in utility function
dbo.F_TABLE_NUMBER_RANGE which generates a list of number between the
given range. For example:

select dbo.F_TABLE_NUMBER_RANGE(1, 5) will return:

number
-----------
1
2
3
4
5

This is extremely convenient for generating consecutive dates. For
example, I want to find out the daily sales information and if on some
day there is no sales, the query should return 0 instead of a missing
date.

In this case it is necessary to first create a list of consecutive
dates and then left join to some fact table.

With the range function I can simply write something like

select start_date + interval number
from dbo.F_TABLE_NUMBER_RANGE(1, number_of_days)

How does one accomplish such task with Postgresql?

--
Hong Yuan

大管家网上建材超市
装修装潢建材一站式购物