Re: Allow pageinspect's bt_page_stats function to return a set of rows instead of a single row

От Hamid Akhtar
Тема Re: Allow pageinspect's bt_page_stats function to return a set of rows instead of a single row
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 at 13:01, Drouvot, Bertrand <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote:

Hi,

On 6/30/22 10:24 AM, Hamid Akhtar wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jun 2022 at 15:52, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 1:40 PM Drouvot, Bertrand <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 6/27/22 9:31 AM, Hamid Akhtar wrote:
>

> Hello Hackers,
>
> While working on one of my blogs on the B-Tree indexes, I needed to look at a range of B-Tree page statistics. So the goto solution was to use pageinspect. However, reviewing stats for multiple pages meant issuing multiple queries.

+1 to improve the API.

I think it makes sense too.

But what about the other pageinspect's functions that also use a single blkno as parameter? Should not the patch also takes care of them?

I've started working on that. But it's going to be a much bigger change with a lot of code refactoring.

So, taking this one step at a time, IMHO, this patch is good to be reviewed now.

Regards,

Bertrand