Re: is there any difference DROP PRIMARY KEY in oracle and postgres?

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: is there any difference DROP PRIMARY KEY in oracle and postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In PostgreSQL, there is no “DROP PRIMARY KEY”. Instead, you need to use
DROP INDEX index_name;

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/sql-dropindex.html

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 10:52 PM, M Tarkeshwar Rao <m.tarkeshwar.rao@ericsson.com> wrote:

Hi,

one thing in oracle is there any difference between “DROP PRIMARY KEY” used directly in oracle to drop primary key, or “DROP CONSTRAINT CDRAUDITPOINT_pk”, as first syntax is not available in postgres and we need to give primary key name as constraint to delete a key. SO right now to delete primary key I am using second approach, so is there any difference between two?

Regards

Tarkeshwar

--
Melvin Davidson