Re: [GENERAL] SQL query problem of a Quiz program

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] SQL query problem of a Quiz program
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Arup Rakshit <aruprakshit1987@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi,

Here is a sample data from table "quiz_results":

id | question_id |  user_id
----+-------------+------------
  2 |          25 | 5142670086
  3 |          26 |
  4 |          26 |
  5 |          27 |
  6 |          25 | 5142670086
  7 |          25 | 5142670086
  8 |          25 | 5142670086
  9 |          26 |
 10 |         40 | 5142670086
 11 |          29 | 5142670086

As you see above question id 25 appeared more than once. This is basically a quiz result table where for users as they answered. question_id 25 always the first questions. Any user can go though the quiz N number of time. So, I want to find the last occurrence of the question_id 25 for any specific user in the table, and select that and all answers the users gave after this till the end of the quiz. Any idea how to solve it in a single efficient query. My all try didn't work out.

Will this work?

WITH quest AS
  (SELECT id, question_id, user_id
    FROM questions
    WHERE user_id = 5142670086  --> substitute any user_id value
    AND question_id = 25                 --> substitute any question_id value
    ORDER BY 1, 2, 3)
SELECT * FROM quest
WHERE id IN (SELECT max(id) FROM quest);

--
Melvin Davidson