Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
John Iliffe <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca> writes:
> When the programme exited it left another postmaster.pid file so I deleted
> that one too.

You haven't shown us the program actually exiting, and basically the only
way to get the postmaster to exit without removing its pid file is to
kill -9 it.  Now I am suspicious that you in fact haven't killed any
postmasters, but only removed their pidfiles out from under them, which is
an incredibly dangerous thing to do.  Check "ps ax" output to see if any
postgres processes are lurking in background.

Hey, looking closer, I see this in your original log

LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

That means Postgres WAS started, just that the postgres port was unable to be opened.
So if you do a pg_ctl stop, change the port in postgresql.conf to 5433 (or 5434) and then attempt
to restart, is your problem resolved?

--
Melvin Davidson

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql