Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?
Дата
Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?  (Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 9:07 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings,

* Melvin Davidson (melvin6925@gmail.com) wrote:
> >There should be a "catalog" that point where tables are stored in physical
> files...
>
> Here is the query that gives you that information.
>
> SELECT c.oid,
>                n.nspname as schema,
>                c.relname as table,
>               (SELECT oid FROM pg_database WHERE datname =
> current_database() ) as db_dir,
>                c.relfilenode as filename
>    FROM pg_class c
>      JOIN pg_namespace n ON (n.oid = c.relnamespace)
> WHERE relname NOT LIKE 'pg_%'
>       AND relname NOT LIKE 'information%'
>       AND relname NOT LIKE 'sql_%'
>       AND relkind = 'r'
> ORDER BY 2, relname;

This isn't a terribly good query- it's entirely valid to have 'pg_blah'
and 'informationblah' tables in user schemas.  If you'd like to filter
out the catalogs/internal schemas, filter based on schema name instead.

Also, this doesn't actually provide what Edson is asking for.  Edson's
asking for a query that uses pg_ls_dir() or some custom function which
will run 'stat' on each file and return the size, according to the OS.

Thanks!

Stephen

Edson's original request was for a query that shows  the FILENAMEs for the table.
As for "qood" query, that is entirely an opinion. The query WILL show all files associated
with ALL tables. You are free to edit and reconstruct as you choose.

--
Melvin Davidson

Сообщение: Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?
Сообщение: Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?