Re: Array of foreign key

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Array of foreign key
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Peter J. Holzer <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at> wrote:
On 2017-12-23 13:14:50 -0500, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Ken Tanzer <ken.tanzer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I thought the OP was asking for this feature ("Support for Array ELEMENT
>     Foreign Keys"):
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/1343842863.
>     5162.4.camel@greygoo.devise-it.lan#1343842863.5162.4.
>     camel@greygoo.devise-it.lan
>
>     which would be super-handy, but doesn't actually exist.  You can enforce it
>     yourself with a trigger on both tables, but I still hope this someday gets
>     included into Postgres!
>
> Actually, I think the op may be referring to a MULTI COLUMN FK array

I see no reason to assume that. He explicitely asked about an array of
foreign keys, and there is no array here.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | we build much bigger, better disasters now
|_|_) |                    | because we have much more sophisticated
| |   | hjp@hjp.at         | management tools.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ | -- Ross Anderson <https://www.edge.org/>

Peter,

>If you do not understand something, please ask.

Your response is inappropriate and offensive. I specifically asked for clarification
because the op stated "column which is an array of a foreign key" but gave no details.

>Don't claim that other people "don't understand how X works"
Again, from the op's reference to using constraint's and triggers, it seemed
like the op did not fully understand the FK's would do the same.

Also, it is not necessary to state which version I PostgreSQL I use, because that is irrelevant.
I am simply trying to help the op.

In the future, please refrain from chastising those of us that are trying to help others.

--
Melvin Davidson