Re: random huge delay when recreate a VIEW or FUNCTION

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: random huge delay when recreate a VIEW or FUNCTION
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 12:36 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 06/14/2016 02:59 PM, Catalin Maftei wrote:
when I recreate a VIEW or FUNCTION with a small change I get:

What are the actual statements you are running?

What program are you running them from?

Is the server you are running the command against local or remote?

Query returned successfully with no result in 03:58 minutes.

we have pg 9.4

--
Best regards,
Catalin Maftei

Skype: catalinmaftei
Mobile: +40723 338 598

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

In addition to Adrian's questions,
What is the O/S you are using?
How much total memory is in the system?
What are the values for shared_buffers, work_mem & maintenance_work_mem?
What is the actual SQL for the view and/or function change you are doing?

All of these can have a factor in your delay.

--
Melvin Davidson