Re: [GENERAL] all serial type was changed to 1

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] all serial type was changed to 1
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 7:45 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 05/01/2017 04:36 PM, Max Wang wrote:
Hi Amitabh,

I mean the serial sequence that controls the id value has been set to 1 for all tables. That's why I got the duplicate key value error when I tried to insert the new record to table.

So what does the sequence query show?

As an example in psql:

test=# create table serial_test(id serial PRIMARY KEY, fld_1 varchar);
CREATE TABLE

test=# \d serial_test
                              Table "public.serial_test"
 Column |       Type        |                        Modifiers
--------+-------------------+----------------------------------------------------------
 id     | integer           | not null default nextval('serial_test_id_seq'::regclass)
 fld_1  | character varying |
    "serial_test_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)

The above shows that the sequence associated with the serial type is:
'serial_test_id_seq'

The below shows how to select from that sequence:

test=# select * from serial_test_id_seq ;
-[ RECORD 1 ]-+--------------------
sequence_name | serial_test_id_seq
last_value    | 1
start_value   | 1
increment_by  | 1
max_value     | 9223372036854775807
min_value     | 1
cache_value   | 1
log_cnt       | 0
is_cycled     | f
is_called     | f

Can you do that on the serial column from one the affected tables and post the results here?

Thanks.

Regards,
Max