Re: Exclude pg_largeobject form pg_dump

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Exclude pg_largeobject form pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
På tirsdag 08. mars 2016 kl. 16:57:01, skrev Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> writes:
> What I'm looking for is "inverse -b" in an otherwise complete dump. Any plans
> to add that?

[ shrug... ]  Nobody ever asked for it before.

regards, tom lane

It surely helps testing production-datasets which contain lots of BLOBs where one wants to dump the production-data into a test-env. We have >1TB databases containing > 95% blobs so it would help us tremendously to have this option.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Probably you need to redesign the schema.

Move the blobs to a new/separate child table. Then you can exclude them.

--
Melvin Davidson

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Exclude pg_largeobject form pg_dump
Сообщение: Re: Exclude pg_largeobject form pg_dump