Re: [GENERAL] Incremental refresh - Materialized view

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Incremental refresh - Materialized view
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Rakesh Kumar <rakeshkumar464@outlook.com> wrote:
You have already been informed. PG, as yet, does not allow incremental refresh of a MV.  It allows online refresh of a MV, but that it does by doing a full table scan of the base table and rebuilding the MV.

From: Krithika Venkatesh <krithikavenkatesh31@gmail.com>
To: John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Incremental refresh - Materialized view

Materialized view log is one of the feature in oracle. It creates a log in which the changes made to the table are recorded. This log is required for an asynchronous materialized view that is refreshed incrementally.

I read in the below link about incrementally refreshing the materialized view in postgresql:

Can someone let me how to do incremental refresh using Write Ahead Log

Thanks,
Krithika