Re: Postgresql Server Upgarde

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Postgresql Server Upgarde
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 1:57 AM, subhan alimy <salimy2011@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I want to upgrade PostgreSQL 9.1 to PostgreSQL 9.4, currently my database
hold millions of records, shall anyone please help me the recommend steps to
upgrade my servers without any technical impact.

Thanks In Advance.

Please refer to the following documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/pgupgrade.html

CAVEAT EMPTOR: It is always advisable to have a valid pg_dump/backup before proceeding with pg_upgrade.
pg_upgrade is faster than a reload, but in the event of unexplained problems, a backup is always good to have as a last resort.
Also, practice upgrading in a development environment before attempting to do so in production.

--
Melvin Davidson