Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql
Дата
Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Dmitry Shalashov <skaurus@gmail.com> wrote:
\i your_file_name

I actually mentioned this way in my original posting. In my case it would involve copy-paste anyway - to create a file on a system where I have psql opened.
I may do it that way. But why copy-paste directly to psql results in this behaviour?

Dmitry Shalashov, surfingbird.ru & relap.io

This might seem a bit basic, but as long as you have a psql session, why not just use
\i your_file_name