Re: Extension to rewrite queries before execution

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Extension to rewrite queries before execution
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff, although it would be tedious, you could write a trigger of the form
BEFORE INSERT ON yatta_yatta
EXECUTE PROCEDURE check_rewrite;

Then in check_rewrite, you could examine the contents of pg_stat_activity.query column for the current process
and act accordingly.

I acknowledge that it will impact performance, but I see no other way to accomplish what you wish.

At the very least, you would be able to issue the "set enable_* =off;" or "set work_mem=*; inside the procedure.

That is the best I can suggest.