Re: Re: PostgreSQL needs percentage function

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Re: PostgreSQL needs percentage function
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:54 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

This is exactly why I think there should be some build-in function for that...
Percentage calculation exists in almost any databse and information system - it requires from use to implement many functions on thier own for something that is very basic.
The general idea of my request is that postgresql should have build in function for percentage calculation it doesn't have to me the exact example I gave. Any thing will be better than none.

I don't agree - there is not compatibility or portability reasons. The calculation using numeric operators is pretty simple, and possibility to create own function is here too.

So there is not any reason to increase a postgresql catalogue.

Please. don't do top post

Regards

Pavel

ב דצמ׳ 18, 2017 18:28, Michael Nolan כתב: