Re: What does Rows Counted mean

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: What does Rows Counted mean
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 04/05/2016 10:10 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:

FYI, in PgAdmin, there is an Option which determines if a _physical row
count_ should be performed if the _estimated_ row count is less than a
specified amount. It defaults to 2000.
To change it, Click on File, Options and under Browser click Properties.
There you can change the default.

So that means it does select count(*) from the_table every time you click on the table properties if the estimated count is less then the set amount?

--
*Melvin Davidson*

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

>So that means it does select count(*) from the_table every time you click on the table properties if the estimated count is less then the set amount?
I believe so. That is why the default is low (2k). If you set it higher, it will naturally take longer.
I did not write or contribute to PgAdmin, so there is no point in complaining about it. It's just a user option.

--
Melvin Davidson

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: What does Rows Counted mean
От: David Caldwell
Сообщение: Re: PG 9.3.12: Replication appears to have worked, but getting error messages in logs