Re: [GENERAL] temporarily disable autovacuum on a database or server ?

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] temporarily disable autovacuum on a database or server ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 7:26 PM, Jonathan Vanasco <postgres@2xlp.com> wrote:
I've run into a performance issue, and I think autovacuum may be involved.

does anyone know if its possible to temporarily stop autovacuum without a server restart ?

It seems that it either requires a server restart, or specific tables to be configured.

Several times a day/week, I run a handful of scripts to handle database maintenance and backups:

        * refreshing materialized views
        * calculating analytics/derived/summary tables and columns
        * backing up the database (pg_dumpall > bz2 > archiving)

These activities have occasionally overlapped with autovacuum, and the performance seems to be affected.

I can't confirm this, but have you tried :

SELECT set_config('autovacuum', 'off'', false);

SELECT pg_reload_conf();

note: you must be a superuser for above
--
Melvin Davidson