Re: Cluster on NAS and data center.

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Cluster on NAS and data center.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 07/04/2016 02:35 AM, Krzysztof Kaczkowski wrote:
Hello everyone,

Right now we have PostgreSQL on Windows Server (main data center) and
cluster is placed on NAS. We have emergency data center on UNIX
architecture. We want that emergency data center could continue work on
PostgreSQL cluster that has been used by Windows PostgreSQL.

We know that standard PostgreSQL is not able to use cluster created on
different OS. We think that recompilation PostgreSQL with some specific
flags. This should give us compatibility of cluster on different
Systems. We see a small differences in cluster files on binary level.
Can You help us pick proper compilation flags?

If that where possible tools like pg_upgrade would be able to upgrade between OSes.

What do you want the role of the UNIX data center to be, a continuous standby, a place where you store backups, something else?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com