Re: Get the date of creation of objects in the database

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Get the date of creation of objects in the database
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Zlatko Asenov <zlatko.asenov@gmail.com> wrote:
You may find useful a SIEM to record activity like this.

From: David G. Johnston
Sent: ‎2/‎23/‎2016 0:14
To: Edson F. Lidorio
Cc: pgsql-general
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Get the date of creation of objects in the database

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Edson F. Lidorio <edson@openmailbox.org> wrote:
Hello,

How to get the date of creation of objects in batabase?
For example: The date of creation of tables and trigger.

​The only source of data for that question is the local filesystem.  If that is acceptable you can find examples online provided to others who have asked this question.

If you want something internal to the database the answer is no.  Those same searches will turn up the various reasons why such a feature has not gotten any strong traction from the developers.

This was my search query:  "postgresql object creation time"

David J.

Long ago, I requested that capability be added to PostgreSQL, as both Oracle and MS SQL Server store the creation date in their catalogs.

Perhaps if you care to add your support to mine, you can help influence the developers and it will be added in a future version.

See the link below.

Add relcreated to pg_class catalog
--
Melvin Davidson

Сообщение: Re: Read-only tables to avoid row visibility check
Сообщение: Re: Read-only tables to avoid row visibility check