Re: Revisiting {CREATE INDEX, REINDEX} CONCURRENTLY improvements

От Michail Nikolaev
Тема Re: Revisiting {CREATE INDEX, REINDEX} CONCURRENTLY improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, Melanie!

Sorry to interrupt you, just a quick question.

> Correct, but there are changes being discussed where we would freeze
> tuples during pruning as well [0], which would invalidate that
> implementation detail. And, if I had to choose between improved
> opportunistic freezing and improved R/CIC, I'd probably choose
> improved freezing over R/CIC.

Do you have any patches\threads related to that refactoring
(opportunistic freezing of tuples during pruning) [0]?
This may affect the idea of the current thread (latest version of it
mostly in [1]) - it may be required to disable such a feature for
particular relation temporary or affect horizon used for pruning
(without holding xmin).

Just no sure - is it reasonable to start coding right now, or wait for
some prune-freeze-related patch first?

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAAKRu_a+g2oe6aHJCbibFtNFiy2aib4E31X9QYJ_qKjxZmZQEg@mail.gmail.com
[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CANtu0ojRX%3DosoiXL9JJG6g6qOowXVbVYX%2BmDsN%2B2jmFVe%3DeG7w%40mail.gmail.com#a8ff53f23d0fc7edabd446b4d634e7b5