Re: race condition in pg_class

От Michail Nikolaev
Тема Re: race condition in pg_class
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello!

> Can you say more about the connection you see between $SUBJECT and that?  That
> looks like a valid report of an important bug, but I'm not following the
> potential relationship to $SUBJECT.

I was guided by the following logic:
* A pg_class race condition can cause table indexes to look stale.
* REINDEX updates indexes
* errors can be explained by different backends using different arbiter indexes

> On your other thread, it would be useful to see stack traces from the high-CPU
> processes once the live lock has ended all query completion.
I'll do.

Best regards,
Mikhail.

От: J F
Сообщение: Re: Contributing test cases to improve coverage