Re: User defined type without single quotes

От Rodrigo Barboza
Тема Re: User defined type without single quotes
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Thank you, Peter!

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 19:50 -0300, Rodrigo Barboza wrote:
> -- my_uint32 is my new type
> CREATE TABLE test (a my_uin32);
>
> If I try to run this insert, postgres complain about the type:
> INSERT INTO teste (a) VALUES (10);
>
> But this one works:
> NSERT INTO teste (a) VALUES ('10'::my_uint);
>
> Is there a way to avoid the single quotes?

A constant like 10 is initially assigned one of the integer types (the
exact rules are in the documentation).  In order to be able to store
that into a column of a custom type, you need to define a cast between
the integer type and your type with at least assignment context.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: User defined type without single quotes
От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: PGDATA confusion