Re: Unrecognized type error (postgres 9.1.4)

От Rodrigo Barboza
Тема Re: Unrecognized type error (postgres 9.1.4)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Rodrigo Barboza <rodrigombufrj@gmail.com> writes:
> UPDATE tm32 SET a = a + 1 WHERE a > $i;
> ERROR: unsupported type: 202886

I'm betting that's coming from scalargtsel, which doesn't know anything
about your type, but you've nominated it to be the selectivity function
for ">" anyway.

        /*
         * Can't get here unless someone tries to use scalarltsel/scalargtsel on
         * an operator with one numeric and one non-numeric operand.
         */
        elog(ERROR, "unsupported type: %u", typid);

                        regards, tom lane

Yes, I found it in the code, but I followed the example from the postgres documentation that uses this function.
And why does it work sometimes? Why not other times?