Re: pg_dump on a standby for a very active master

От Arjun Ranade
Тема Re: pg_dump on a standby for a very active master
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Will barman automatically do a delta restore assuming the postgres server is stopped and the old cluster exists at the same location it's restoring to?

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:59 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings,

* Arjun Ranade (ranade@nodalexchange.com) wrote:
> Yeah, that was one thing I was planning to try.  The other potential
> solution is to use barman (we are using barman on all db servers including
> standbys) to restore the latest backup to a VM and then take the pg_dump
> from there.  But I was hoping there would be a way in the settings to
> prevent such a workaround.

Performing a file-level backup and then restoring that and then
taking a pg_dump of restored cluster works quite well as a solution, in
my experience, even better is when you can do a delta restore over top
of the prior restore, updating just the files which were different, as
that can be much faster.

Thanks!

Stephen