Re: Transaction Id and status of any operation

От Rohit Goyal
Тема Re: Transaction Id and status of any operation
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,
I want to test one of my algorithm for research. For this i want to maintain my own data structure in which I want to store the current status of transaction.

Regards,
Rohit Goyal

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl.87@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl.87@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I want to know the file or function from code which can give me the
>> > transaction Id and its status. For example I want to find the details of
>> > transaction currently inserting on some specific table.
>> >
>> > Also please tel me what function are called to check whether status of
>> > transaction has changed. For example, I would like to get notified
>> > whenever
>> > the status of any transaction changes. Please tel me the files or
>> > function
>> > for this.
>>
>> Generally speaking, per MVCC rules, transactions can only see other
>> transactions if they completed.  It is up to the application to manage
>> what to do when a transaction fails.
>>
>> There are internal C APIs (see: transam.c) to query transaction
>> success through the clog system but I'm suspicious that this is the
>> wrong line of thinking for you.  Stepping back, what are you trying to
>> do?
>>
>> merlin
>

> Thanks for quick help !!!
>
> I want to create an 2 array's which will store all each transaction Id and
> also it current status in 2nd array. I also want status of transaction to be
> update whenever any transaction change it status.

Yes, but why do you want to do that? This is what the database is
already doing and it's a lot more complicated than you think is.

merlin

--
Regards,
Rohit Goyal