Re: DDL Triggers

От Lee Hachadoorian
Тема Re: DDL Triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Bob Pawley <rjpawley@shaw.ca> wrote:
I have a table that is generated through ogr2ogr.

To get ogr2ogr working the way I want, I need to use the -overwrite function. If I use the append function information is lost. Something to do with the way the switches work.

Overwrite drops the existing table and also the attached trigger .

I am attempting to have the dropped table trigger a function as it is being populated by insert commands.

DDL trigger was mentioned as a possibility on the GDAL list.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Bob

Are you sure ogr2ogr is the right tool for what you want to accomplish? Reading between the lines, it *seems* like you intend to do an append (SQL INSERT), but ogr2ogr isn't working the way you want, forcing you to use overwrite (DROP/CREATE TABLE). Trying to use a DDL trigger seems like a roundabout way to get what you want when the problem is ogr2ogr.

So, I would back up and ask, what are you trying to do, and what information is being lost using -append?

Also, you mentioned asking this on the GDAL list, did you try the PostGIS list?

--Lee

--
Lee Hachadoorian
PhD, Earth & Environmental Sciences (Geography)