Replication Recommendation

От Lee Hachadoorian
Тема Replication Recommendation
Дата
Re: Replication Recommendation  (Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org>)
Список pgsql-general
There are a wide variety of Postgres replication solutions, and I
would like advice on which one would be appropriate to my use case.

* Small (~half dozen) distributed workforce using a file sharing
service, but without access to direct network connection over the
internet
* Database is updated infrequently, when new government agency data
releases replace old data
* Because database is updated infrequently, workforce can come
together for LAN-based replication as needed
* Entire database is on the order of a few GB

Given this, I am considering the super lowtech "replication" solution
of updating "master" and doing a full database drop and restore on the
"slaves". But I would like to know which of the other (real)
replication solutions might work for this use case.

Regards,
--Lee

--
Lee Hachadoorian
Assistant Professor of Instruction, Geography and Urban Studies