PostgreSQL Cascade streaming replication problem

От Jakub Janeček
Тема PostgreSQL Cascade streaming replication problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everyone,

i have one master and two slaves - cascading replication. Master -> Slave1 -> Slave2

Slave2 crashed two days ago. Problem is on Slave1, where are comulating WAL files. Archive mode is turn off. There is about 6.000 WAL Files, but in folder archive_status are files with .done name.

How can I remove WAL files, which are "waiting" for Slave2? I changed configration on Slave1 (i commented this options "wal level = hot_standby" and "max_wal_senders = 1"). But without effect.

What did i do wrong? I need stop comulating WAL files and remove old WAL files, which are processed and are only "waiting"..

Thank you for your tips.
Regards,

Jakub