Re: Snapshot backups

От James Sewell
Тема Re: Snapshot backups
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I understand what you are saying, and I understand how the backup_label works - but I still don't understand why the pg_start and pg_stop commands are REQUIRED when doing a snapshot backup to ensure data integrity.

Surely not using them and restoring a snapshot is the same as starting after a crash, and will result in log replay to get to the latest possible consistent state?

I thought PostgreSQL guaranteed a consistent state after a crash, am I mistaken about this?

James

James Sewell
PostgreSQL Team Lead / Solutions Architect

http://www.lisasoft.com/sites/lisasoft/files/u1/2013hieghtslogan_0.png

Level 2, 50 Queen St,
Melbourne, VIC, 3000

P: 03 8370 8000   F: 03 8370 8099  W: www.lisasoft.com