Re: PG under OpenVZ?

От Benjamin Henrion
Тема Re: PG under OpenVZ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM, François Beausoleil
<francois@teksol.info> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've found an old thread on OpenVZ:
>
> (2008): http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2008-03/msg00076.php
>
> And a more recent question that scared me a bit:
>
> (2011): http://serverfault.com/questions/281783/running-mongodb-with-openvz
>
> On the PostgreSQL general mailing list, I've only found 54 results when searching for OpenVZ. I'm wondering if OpenVZ
issimply unpopular, or not used at all for PG. What experiences do you have with OpenVZ? Any performance problems?

> We're buying bare metal to run our clusters on, and the supplier is late delivering the machines. They suggested
lendingus a machine and run PostgreSQL under OpenVZ. When the real hardware is ready, we'd migrate the VZ over to the
newphysical servers. Thoughts on this?

> I have no experience with OpenVZ itself, so if you have general comments about it's stability and/or performance,
evenunrelated to PostgreSQL, I'd appreciate.

I run all my PG productions/tests servers on openvz, you just have to
be careful to have swap activated, and SHMPAGES tuned, as well as
SHMMAX.

Otherwise it runs like a charm.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762

От: salah jubeh
Сообщение: Detect the side effect of 'using' clause and adding coulms
От: Aleksandar Lazic
Сообщение: general fear question about move PGDATA from one Disc to another