Re: Setting rpath on llvmjit.so?

От Yuriy Zhuravlev
Тема Re: Setting rpath on llvmjit.so?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Current autoconf system not working on Windows at all, what we talk about?

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 23:57 Robert Haas, <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:13 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I'd not advocate for this solely based on the age of autoconf. But the
> separate windows buildsystem which makes it very hard to build
> extensions separately is a good reason on its own. As is the fact that
> recursive make as we're using it has significant issues. Both of those
> would be avoided by using cmake or such.

How much of the pain building extensions on Windows comes from our
build system and how much of it comes from the fact that it's Windows?
 My guess would have been that the latter is by far the bigger issue,
but maybe I'm wrong.

There is really nothing keeping us from removing or reducing the use
of recursive make without switching to cmake.  And it's probably not
even that much work.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company