Initial load from standby in logical replication.

От Radoslav Nedyalkov
Тема Initial load from standby in logical replication.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,
We want to setup a logical replica with initial load from physical standby. (all pg10.5)
Basically what we tested is:
1.on the master: create publication and logical slot.
2.on the standby: pause the stanby. (lsn from 1. is already replayed).
3.on the standby: get last replayed lsn, pg_last_wal_replay_lsn().
4.export/import the data into the logical replica.
5.on the logical replica: create subscription with pg_replication_origin_advance'd to the lsn from 3.
6.on the logical replica: enable subscription.

On a test setup with some bulk inserts results are encouraging.
Still we're not that confident. Does the procedure looks okay?
What if standby is paused at COMMIT lsn?

Thanks!
Radoslav Nedyalkov