Re: suboverflowed subtransactions concurrency performance optimize

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: suboverflowed subtransactions concurrency performance optimize
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 06:41, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> > On review, I think it is also possible that we update subtrans ONLY if
> > someone uses >PGPROC_MAX_CACHED_SUBXIDS.
> > This would make subtrans much smaller and avoid one-entry-per-page
> > which is a major source of cacheing.
> > This would means some light changes in GetSnapshotData().
> > Let me know if that seems interesting also?
>
> I'm afraid of unexpected performance degradation. When the system runs fine, you provision a VM of some vCPU\RAM, and
thensome backend uses a little more than 64 subtransactions and all the system is stuck. Or will it affect only backend
usingmore than 64 subtransactions?

That is the objective: to isolate the effect to only those that
overflow. It seems possible.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Readd use of TAP subtests
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Question on not-in and array-eq