Re: locking [user] catalog tables vs 2pc vs logical rep

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: locking [user] catalog tables vs 2pc vs logical rep
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 12:57 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 4:27 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 8:41 AM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
> > <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > Pushed!
> >
> [Responding to Simon's comments]
>
> > If LOCK and TRUNCATE is advised against on all user catalog tables, why would CLUSTER only apply to pg_class?
Surelyits locking

> > level is the same as LOCK?
> >

> Cluster will also apply to all user catalog tables. I think we can
> extend it slightly as we have mentioned for Lock.

OK, good.

> > The use of "[user]" isn't fully explained, so it might not be clear that this applies to both Postgres catalog
tablesand any user tables

> > that have been nominated as catalogs. Probably worth linking to the "Capabilities" section to explain.
> >

> Sounds reasonable.
>
> > It would be worth coalescing the following sections into a single page, since they are just a few lines each:
> > Streaming Replication Protocol Interface
> > Logical Decoding SQL Interface
> > System Catalogs Related to Logical Decoding
> >

> I think this is worth considering but we might want to discuss this as
> a separate change/patch.

Makes sense.

Thanks

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Add version macro to libpq-fe.h
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Fix for segfault in logical replication on master