Re: Gigantic load average spikes

От Rene Romero Benavides
Тема Re: Gigantic load average spikes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 10:35 AM rihad <rihad@mail.ru> wrote:
On 04/01/2019 08:30 PM, Michel Pelletier wrote:

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 10:49 PM David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Perhaps a bunch of processes waiting on the access exclusive lock on
the materialized view being released?

log_lock_waits might help you if the MV takes more than a second to
refresh, otherwise, you might need to have a look at ungranted locks
in pg_locks and see if the number of locks spikes during the refresh.

I think David's got the right idea here.  Like he said, investigate pg_locks, if it is the refresh materialized view, you can avoid the problem by doing 'REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW CONCURRENTLY'.  You will need at least one unique index on the table.

It is actually refreshed concurrently.

--
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Hi. How many vcores does the server have? what's the load average we're talking about? do you mind sharing your postgresql configuration?