Re: A problem about partitionwise join

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: A problem about partitionwise join
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Alvaro,

Thank you for reviewing this patch.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:48 AM Alvaro Herrera from 2ndQuadrant <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
So in this patch, the input restrictlist is modified to include the
clauses generated by generate_join_implied_equalities_for_all.  That
doesn't seem okay -- doesn't it affect downstream usage of the
restrictlist in the caller of set_joinrel_size_estimates?

Actually the joinclauses generated by
generate_join_implied_equalities_for_all only affects the restrictlist
used in have_partkey_equi_join to check equi-join conditions for
partition keys.  The input restrictlist would not be altered.

I wonder if it's possible to do this by using the ECs directly in
have_partkey_equi_join instead of using them to create fake join
clauses.

Hmm.. I thought about this option and at last figured that what we need
to do in have_partkey_equi_join with the ECs is actually the same as in
generate_join_implied_equalities_for_all. Maybe I didn't think it
correctly.

Thanks
Richard